The mission of BU Wellness Network is to enhance the health and wellness of Black communities in Indiana. BU Wellness Network provides high-quality, comprehensive prevention, care, support, and advocacy programs and services in a safe, welcoming environment and seeks to improve the overall health of the Indianapolis community.
We are seeking a dedicated Intake specialist to join our team at BU Wellness Network. You will be responsible for the front office coordination. The Intake specialist will be responsible for greeting incoming patients, recording their personal details, gathering medical histories, and obtaining any health insurance information. Intake specialists assure all necessary new patient paperwork is complete. This position will also answer all agency calls and route emails to appropriate staff from the general email box. The Intake specialist will be responsible for data entry into multiple data systems and review client charts for completion.
This position is full-time and is expected to work during BU Wellness business hours. The Intake Specialist will function as an integral part of our collective agency team and report to the Executive Intake Coordinator. This person will be expected to work with little to no supervision. Travel is not required for this job.
Intake specialist Duties and Responsibilities
• The Intake specialist enters admissions information into the digital system and completes all admission paperwork.
Answer Incoming Calls
• The Intake specialist will answer all incoming calls. This includes responding to questions and explaining the admissions process.
• This position will schedule meetings and appointments with relevant staff for clients.
Perform Clerical Work
• Intake specialists perform various clerical work that includes filing, copying, and faxing.
• The Intake specialist will work closely with the Quality Manager to prepare and maintain all client charts.
• This position will be responsible for data entry for our CDC PS21-2102 Prevention grant.
• This position will report to the Executive Intake Coordinator, who oversees all our nutrition initiatives. This position will play a key role in the implementation of all our nutrition programs at BU Wellness Network.
Intake specialist Skills and Qualifications
• Intake specialists have excellent verbal communication skills and active listening skills to evaluate clients and assess their care needs. The Intake specialist will also need to communicate clearly with the BU Wellness Team.
• They use customer service skills to answer questions and guide clients through the admissions process
• Because Intake specialists enter information into digital systems and create patient files, data entry skills are a must-have for this job
• The Intake specialist will work with computer programs to fill out digital forms, maintain digital patient files, and answer emails, all of which require proficient computer skills
• Intake specialists use excellent time management skills to schedule appointments for clients and manage multiple clients at once
• The Intake specialist will be expected to help maintain organization throughout the front office and the Agency’s common areas. This position will help to ensure that all agency supplies are kept organized and plentiful.
Intake specialist Education and Training
This role requires a high school diploma or GED, and the agency will provide on-the-job training to the incumbent.
BU Wellness Network offers medical insurance, vision, and dental benefits. This position will be eligible after 60 days for 2 weeks of paid time off for the calendar year, one sick day per month, and various paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
BU Wellness Network is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Executive Intake Coordinator, Khara Smith.