NON-MEDICAL CASE MANAGER
The mission of BU Wellness Network is to enhance the health and wellness black communities in Indiana. BU Wellness Network provides high quality, comprehensive prevention, care, support, and advocacy programs and services in a safe, welcoming environment and seeks to improve the overall health of the Indianapolis community.
The Non-Medical Case Manager provides case management services, focusing on applications for financial assistance and employment, for individuals living with HIV in Indiana.
Director of Client Care and Retention
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide individualized case management to persons living with HIV in Indiana
Create and monitor individualized care plans for each client
- Link clients to medical care and other services such as insurance programs, housing, nutrition, medication
- Assist clients with the completion of financial assistance applications for housing, utilities, etc. in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist clients with completion of employment applications
- Assist clients with interviewing skills and resume development
- Work effectively with diverse populations
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and comply with HIPAA rules
- Enter and maintain complete client data and case notes in a timely manner
- Attend all trainings and meetings as required by Step-Up and/or the appropriate agency.
- Work independently after training is completed
- Provide services at various locations throughout Central Indiana
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned, including copying, mailing, ordering supplies, answering phones, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
- Communication – Clearly communicates with others both orally and in writing.
- Collaboration – Works well with a team as well as independently.
- Initiative – Works effectively with minimal supervision.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Practices effective time management skills.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality through continuous improvement.
- Cost Consciousness – Looks for and suggests cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; Upholds organizational mission and values.
- Organizational Support – Supports and promotes organization’s mission and values.
- Strategic Thinking – Contributes ideas to achieve organizational goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree in sociology, psychology, counseling, pastoral counseling, family and child development or related field and 2 years’ related experience required.
Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, counseling, pastoral counseling, family and child development or related degree preferred.
Ability to read and speak English required.
- Proficiency with Word and Outlook, ability to learn additional programs required Dependable transportation required at all times; position may entail travel throughout Central Indiana.
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of stable housing on health outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of interview skills and resume development.
This position does not supervise others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Case management may be offered at BU Wellness Network, the client’s home, hospitals, nursing homes and/or other locations as needed; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to use standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly work 37 ½ hours per week, additional hours may occasionally be required. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with or without assistance; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend, twist and squat.
BU Wellness Network offers medical insurance, vision, and dental benefits. This position will be eligible after 60 days for 3 weeks of paid time off for the calendar year, one sick day per month, and a variety of paid holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
BU Wellness Network is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, veteran, or disability