HIV Prevention Program Coordinator
The mission of BU Wellness Network is to enhance the health and wellness black communities in Indiana. BU Wellness Network provides high quality, comprehensive prevention, care, support, and advocacy programs and services in a safe, welcoming environment and seeks to improve the overall health of the Indianapolis community.
BU Wellness Network is seeking an innovative, organized, and flexible individual to join our team as Program Coordinator for HIV Prevention engagement. This program coordinator will be serving within the PS21-2102 CDC grant. The purpose of this program is to implement comprehensive HIV prevention programs to reduce morbidity, mortality, and related health disparities in accordance with the Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative: A Plan for America and CDC’s High-Impact HIV Prevention approach. The Program Coordinator will have an integral role in conducting outreach, engaging communities in prevention education, and connecting participants to essential support services.
● Develop outreach and community engagement strategies with priority populations.
● Recruit priority populations to participate in discussion groups and workshops.
● Develop and/or enhance relationships with community partners who serve priority populations.
● Implement linkage opportunities for priority populations to essential support services.
● Coordinate HIV/STI screening and treatment services.
● Collect, track, and report programmatic data.
● Communicate effectively with colleagues within the organization, peers, and community partners.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required; Subject matter expert required.
● Must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
● Competency working within the Black SGL (same gender loving) men.
● Willing to learn and/or enhance effective outreach and community engagement methods.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong leadership and organizational skill.
● Must be willing to work non-conventional hours (Some evenings and weekends required).
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Prevention Manager, Damon Hamilton
( email@example.com )
BU Wellness Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BU Wellness Network does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.